Bleeding Time Test in Pune
A bleeding time test determines how quickly your blood clots to stop bleeding. The test involves making small punctures in your skin.
The test is a basic assessment of how well your blood platelets work to form clots.
Platelets are tiny cell fragments that circulate in your blood. They’re the first cells to react to a blood vessel injury. They seal off the wound to prevent more blood from escaping.
Abnormal results could also indicate the following conditions:
- A blood vessel defect is any condition that affects how well your blood vessels transport blood through your body.
- A genetic platelet function defect is a condition present at birth that affects how well your platelets function. Hemophilia is one example of this type of defect.
- Primary thrombocythemia is a condition in which your bone marrow creates too many platelets.
- Thrombocytopenia is a condition that causes your body to produce too few platelets.
- Von Willebrand’s disease is a hereditary condition that affects how your blood coagulates (clots).
Normal bleeding time is between one and eight minutes. Results outside of that range could indicate a platelet defect and require further testing. Your doctor will analyze your test results and discuss any necessary additional testing with you.
Bleeding Time Test in Kothrud | Bleeding Time Test in Pune | Bleeding Time Test Center in Kothrud, Pune | Bleeding Time Test Near Me | Bleeding Time Test Centre near me | Bleeding Test near me | Bleeding Time Test in Karve Nagar | Cost of Bleeding Time Test in Pune | Bleeding Time Test Price in Pune | Bleeding Time Test Centres in Pune