Blood Sugar Test in Pune
Why Get Tested?
- To screen for and diagnose prediabetes and diabetes.
- To detect high blood glucose (hyperglycemia) or low blood glucose (hypoglycemia).
- To monitor blood glucose levels over time to determine whether the treatment has been effective in controlling your diabetes.
You may be at risk if you:
- Are overweight, obese, or physically inactive
- Have a close relative with diabetes, such as a parent, siblings, aunt or uncle
- Are a woman who delivered a baby weighing more than 9 pounds or who has a history of gestational diabetes
- A woman with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Have high blood pressure (hypertension) (≥140/90 mmHg) or are taking medication for high blood pressure
- Have a low HDL cholesterol level (less than 35 mg/dL or 0.90 mmol/L) and/or a high triglyceride level
- Have prediabetes identified by previous testing
- Have a history of cardiovascular disease (CVD)
A blood glucose test may also be ordered when you have signs and symptoms of abnormal blood glucose levels.
High blood glucose (hyperglycemia):
- Increased thirst, usually with frequent urination
- Blurred vision
- Slow-healing wounds or infections
Low blood glucose (hypoglycemia):
- Blurred vision
Frequently Asked Questions
Caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco are all examples of substances that could affect lab test results, depending on the amount consumed and the type of test. Caffeinated beverages such as coffee and black tea are considered diuretics, and can affect the speed of digestion.
The highest peak blood sugar levels generally occur 1 hour after a meal if carbs were eaten. At 2 hours, protein begins to break down into blood sugar so one may begin to see some food effect. Test both before and after your snack and see what differences in readings you may notice.
avoid eating or drinking anything (fasting) apart from water, for up to 12 hours – read more about eating and drinking before having a blood test. Stop taking certain medicines.
Some of the symptoms of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes are:
• Feeling more thirsty than usual.
• Urinating often.
• Losing weight without trying.
• Presence of ketones in the urine. …
• Feeling tired and weak.
• Feeling irritable or having other mood changes.
• Having blurry vision.
• Having slow-healing sores.
Your health care provider may recommend blood sugar testing 4 to 10 times a day if you have type 1 diabetes. You may need to test: Before meals and snacks. Before and after exercise.
4.8 Google Ratings and 1300+ Reviews
Blood Sugar Level Test in Kothrud | Blood Sugar Level Test in Pune | Blood Sugar Test Center, Kothrud, Pune | Blood Sugar Level Test Near Me | Blood Sugar Test Center Near Me | Blood Sugar Test in Karve Nagar | Cost of Blood Sugar Test in Pune | Blood Sugar Level Test Price in Pune | Blood Sugar Test Centres in Pune | Blood Sugar Test Near Me
Call Us Now!
Blood Sugar Test in Karve Nagar | Blood Sugar Test near Karve Road | Blood Sugar Test in Kothrud | Blood Sugar Level Test in Bavdhan | Blood Sugar Test near Viman Nagar | Blood Sugar Test near Vishrantwadi | Blood Sugar Test near Wadgaon Sheri | Blood Sugar Test near Kharadi | Blood Sugar Test near Katraj | Blood Sugar Test near Dhankawadi | Blood Sugar Level Test in Narhe | | Blood Sugar Level Test in Warje