Clotting Time Test in Pune
Clotting Time (CT)
Sample For Clotting Time
- Clotting Time is done on a fresh blood sample, and the patient needs to be in the lab.
Indications For Clotting Time
- Clotting Time is advised to find bleeding disorder, most likely due to clotting factors deficiency.
- To Diagnose hemophilia.
- Because of other tests, it has lost its importance. Clotting time was done by the Lee-white method, but it was cumbersome, insensitive, and nonreproducible.
Definition Of Clotting Time (CT)
Clotting time (CT) is the time that is required to form the clot. The most commonly used test of clotting time is activated partial thromboplastin time (APTT) and prothrombin time (PT).
Precautions For Clotting Time (CT)
- It does not diagnose mild coagulation disorders.
- Blood should be taken in the least traumatic manner.
- Must avoid premature activation of the clotting process to ensure an accurate result.
- Avoid hemolysis of the sample.
- It is essential to get the history of the patient:
- Note physical appearance, site, the severity of the disease, and frequency of the bleeding episodes.
- Get an accurate history of the drugs.
- A patient and the family history in detail are needed.
- Also, consider other contributing or underlying diseases.
Draw-backs of clotting time (CT):
- This is not a reliable test for the screening of bleeding condtions.
- It is insensitive to detect mild conditions of bleeding.
- It will detect only the severe bleeding condtions.
- Normal clotting time does not rule out coagulation abnormalities.
- There are many variables in performing the test.
- Routine preoperative clotting time and bleeding time have little value for routine preoperative screening for the bleeding, e.g., in the tonsillectomy.
Pathophysiology Of Clotting Time (CT)
- Lee-White Clotting time was used to monitor the heparin therapy, but now it is replaced by the APTT.
- For clot formation, prothrombin is converted into thrombin.
- Thrombin converts soluble fibrinogen into insoluble fibrin.
- For this process, clotting factors are needed, along with calcium.
- Also assisted by the factors produced by platelets and damaged tissue.
- So clotting time is the time needed for the generation of thrombin from the complex clotting system.
Frequently Asked Questions
ACT stands for activated clotting time. It is a clotting test that may be performed in the interventional suite and is commonly used to monitor the effect of heparin. A small sample of whole blood is placed in the testing machine, and a result is available in less than 5 minutes.
The average time range for blood to clot is about 10 to 13 seconds. A number higher than that range means it takes blood longer than usual to clot. A number lower than that range means blood clots more quickly than normal.
The normal range of clotting times is 2-8 minutes. For the measurement of clotting time by the test tube method, blood is placed in a glass test tube and kept at 37° C. The required time for the blood to clot is measured.
This test should be avoided in a patient with a low platelet count. A patient with aspirin may have a false positive (raised value). Avoid in patients with keloid formation or senile skin changes. Avoid in patients who have undergone mastectomy or axillary lymph node dissection.
In the extrinsic pathway, factors VII and III are also known as stabilizing factor and tissue factor, respectively. The common pathway factors X, V, II, I, and XIII are also known as Stuart-Prower factor, proaccelerin, prothrombin, fibrinogen, and fibrin-stabilizing factor respectively.
Clotting Time Test in Kothrud | Clotting Time Test in Pune | Clotting Time Test Center, Kothrud, Pune | Clotting Time Test Near Me | Clotting Time Test in Warje | Clotting Time Test Center in Sinhgard Road | Clotting Time Test in Karve Nagar | Cost of Clotting Time Test in Pune | Clotting Time Test Price in Pune | Clotting Time Test Centres in Pune
Call Us Now!
Clotting Time Test in Karve Nagar | Clotting Time Test near Karve Road | Clotting Time Test in Kothrud | Clotting Time Test in Bavdhan | Clotting Time Test near Viman Nagar | Clotting Time Test near Vishrantwadi | Clotting Time Test near Wadgaon Sheri | Clotting Time Test near Kharadi | Clotting Time Test near Katraj | Clotting Time Test near Dhankawadi