Lipid Profile Test in Pune
Lipid Profile Test List includes:
- HDL CHOLESTEROL
- VLDL CHOLESTEROL
- LDL CHOLESTEROL
- S.CHOLESTEROL/HDL RATIO
The lipid panel helps evaluate cardiovascular health by analyzing cholesterol in the blood. Too much cholesterol can build up in the blood vessels and arteries, damaging them and heightening the risk of problems like heart disease, stroke, and heart attack.
In many cases, people who are at higher risk of cardiovascular problems make lifestyle changes or take medications to help reduce that risk. A lipid panel may be used to monitor their response to treatment and adjust their treatment plan as necessary.
Lipids are types of fat molecules in the blood. Cholesterol and triglycerides are two important types of lipids that are carried inside particles called lipoproteins.
The lipid panel analyzes your blood to measure different types of lipids:
- Total cholesterol: This measures your overall cholesterol level.
- Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol: This type of cholesterol, known as “bad cholesterol,” can collect in blood vessels and increase your risk of cardiovascular disease.
- High-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol: This type of “good cholesterol” helps reduce the buildup of LDL.
- Triglycerides: Excess amounts of this type of fat are associated with cardiovascular disease and pancreatic inflammation.
People who have one or more risk factors typically have more frequent screening and often have their first test at a younger age.
Examples of risk factors include:
- Age over 45 for men and 50-55 for women
- High cholesterol on a prior test
- Previous cardiovascular problem
- Smoking cigarettes
- Being overweight or obese
- Eating an unhealthy diet
- Not getting enough physical activity
- Having high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Having a first-degree relative who developed heart disease at an early age (under 55 in men and under 65 in women)
- Having diabetes or prediabetes