CT Abdomen And Pelvis
Abdomen CT scan is one of the imaging methods of radiology. CT scan uses x-rays to develop sectional images of the abdomen area. CT scan stands for computed tomography.
CT Scan of Abdomen And Pelvis
Procedure of CT Abdomen & Pelvis
- In the case of CT abdomen and pelvis patient lies on a table that moves inside the centre hole of the CT Scan machine. In most cases, the patient lies on his back with arms raised above his head.
- When a patient is inside the scan machine, the scan machine X-Ray beam rotates around the belly area of the patient.
- A computer software develops separate images of the patient abdomen area. These are known as the slices. These pictures are being stored on a computer. Then it’s developed on a monitor. These high-quality images are printed on film. 3 D dimensional images of the abdomen area are developed.
- During the scan of the belly patient must still otherwise it will not create good images .during the abdomen scan patient must be told to hold breath for some time for good quality images.
- The abdomen and pelvis scan takes near about 30 minutes.
Preparation for the CT Abdomen Pelvis
Sometimes patients have to give some liquid (dye) for the better image quality of the body, which is known as the contrast. Contrast helps to clear abdomen areas to show up the images.
Contrast can be passed through the patient’s body in various ways.
- Generally, Contrast is given through a vein (IV) inpatient’s hand. If contrast is used in a patient, then it’s advised to the patient not to eat anything for 4 hours before the ct scan test.
- Another way of giving contrast is oral. A patient has to drink the contrast before the scan. Contrast has a taste like chalk, although. The contrast will pass through the patient’s body and the contrast is harmless.
Before taking the contrast, a patient must tell previous health history to the doctors. Sometimes contrast can worsen the patient’s body function.
A patient has to take off his jewelry during the scan and the patient has to wear a gown during the scan.
If a patient has given contrast through a vein (IV), a patient may sometimes have
- Burning sensation
- Chalk like taste in the mouth
- Heat sensation in the body
Findings of CT Abdomen Test
This test is performed to look inside your abdomen structure.
- For abdominal pain or swelling
- For of abnormal blood test results which shows liver or kidney problems
- Masses and tumors, including cancer
- Infections or injury
- Kidney stones
Cancer of the renal pelvis or ureter
- Colon cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Frequently Asked Questions
The organs depicted on a CT scan of the abdomen/pelvis are the appendix, intestines, bladder, ovaries, uterus, pancreas, stomach, small intestine, large intestine.
CT scanning of the abdomen/pelvis is also performed to: Visualize the liver, spleen, pancreas, and kidney.
A CT scan of the pelvis is an x-ray that can be used to create cross-sectional pictures of the area between the hip bones.
The abdominal and pelvis CT scan takes about 20 minutes.
4.8 Google Ratings and 1300+ Reviews
CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Kothrud | CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Pune | CT Abdomen & Pelvis Center, Kothrud, Pune | CT Abdomen & Pelvis Near Me | CT Abdomen & Pelvis | CT Abdomen & Pelvis Center in Karve Road |CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Karve Nagar | CT Abdomen & Pelvis cost in Pune | CT Abdomen & Pelvis Price in Pune | Health Check-up Centres in Pune | CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Narhe | CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Bavdhan
CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Karve Nagar | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Karve Road | CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Kothrud | CT Abdomen & Pelvis in Bavdhan | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Viman Nagar | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Vishrantwadi | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Wadgaon Sheri | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Kharadi | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Katraj | CT Abdomen & Pelvis near Dhankawadi