Hemoglobin is found in the red blood cells that carry oxygen all through your body. Hemoglobin also carries carbon dioxide from the cells to your lungs. When you exhale carbon dioxide is released from your body. When your hemoglobin level is low it causes hinderance in performing these functions.
If you wish to raise the level of hemoglobin, you need to take care of the root cause of its deficiency. “How to increase hemoglobin naturally?” is a commonly searched question.
Easy ways to increase hemoglobin:
1. Eat Iron-rich foods:
Iron is responsible for hemoglobin production. Hemoglobin levels can be increased by consuming iron rich foods. A few iron-rich foods are: Meat and fish, Soy products including tofu, eggs, dried fruits, such as dates and figs, broccoli, green leafy vegetables such as spinach, green beans, nuts, seeds, and peanut butter.
2. Eat foods rich in folic acid:
Folic acid increases hemoglobin levels in the body. Some food sources rich in folate are spinach, rice, peanuts, black-eyed peas, kidney beans, avocadoes, and lettuce. Folate supplements can also increase hemoglobin levels. Before consuming these supplements do consult your doctor.
3. Eat foods rich in vitamin A for better Iron absorption:
Vitamin A betters your iron absorption in the body. If your body is deficient of Vitamin A it might lead to iron wastage. To increase hemoglobin levels in your body, you need to eat a few foods rich in vitamin A: fish, liver, squash, sweet potatoes, kale and collards.
4. Beta-carotene-rich foods:
Beta-carotene prevents wastage of iron in your body. With a sufficient amount of beta-carotene in your diet, iron absorption increases thus raising your hemoglobin levels. Foods rich in beta-carotene are carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, cantaloupes, and mangoes.
5. Vitamin C:
At times inspite of consuming iron rich foods or supplements there aren’t any improvements in iron levels. The reason could be poor iron absorption. Consuming Vitamin rich foods will help iron absorption in your body. A few food sources rich in vitamin C are strawberries, citrus fruits, and leafy green vegetables.
6. Food Supplements:
Iron, Vitamin C and A supplements raise hemoglobin levels. But avoid consuming them in excess as it can harm your body. So, consult your doctor.
Read Our related Blog –Hemoglobin Test and Anemia
Increase hemoglobin levels by consuming Indian foods.
“How to increase hemoglobin at home?”
There are a few Indian foods that help to increase hemoglobin in a week.
- Beetroots– Rich source of B-complex vitamins; minerals such as potassium, magnesium, and copper; antioxidants. Research studies reveal that it increases red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Brown Rice is a rich source of iron, tannic acid, and phytic acid. Study confirms that brown rice can increase your hemoglobin levels in a week.
- Pumpkin is a rich source of minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, iron, and zinc. As per a study, pumpkin seeds are a significant sourceof increasing serum iron levelsand hemoglobin levels, especially in young children, adolescents, and women in the reproductive age group.
- Dark Chocolate– is a rich source of minerals such as iron, sodium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iodine, zinc, vitamins, and antioxidants. As per a study, seaweed incorporated in dark chocolate can notably increase iron and hemoglobin levels. As per another study, dark chocolate provides 25% of recommended daily allowance (RDA) of iron (1.90 mg) and therefore is known to increase haemoglobin levels significantly.
- Dry fruits are rich source of iron and other minerals. As per a study, dates increased hemoglobin and iron levels significantly. Thus, consuming dry fruits boosts hemoglobin levels.
Diet rich in beta-carotene, vitamins, like A, B12 and C along with iron maintain your hemoglobin levels. Get your levels checked regularly as treatment is necessary since the reasons for low hemoglobin could be some underlying health issue.
Consult your doctor before you go ahead with your diet and get the maximum benefit of the food you consume.
For more information kindly visit our website: https://sunrisediagnosis.com/
Find clinic here: Get direction
Address: Ground Floor, Shop No. 2, Business Hub Building Opp. Mirch Masala Hotel, Near Vandevi Mandir Karve Road, Karvenagar, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038